职场社交英语Lesson44:他自视甚高

2012-06-02 10:57:57 

职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高

SCENE② B  吉娜与戴夫在各自的隔间里工作

【他自视甚高】

Zina:           Do you think what I did to Elvin was 1) out of line?

吉娜:         你觉得我对艾文太过火了吗?

Dave:  You could have tried to explain to him about the new programmers.

戴夫:         你本可以试着跟他解释,会有新的程序设计师进来。

Zina:  Elvin doesn't want any programming help. He wants all the 2) glory for himself.

吉娜:         艾文才不想要有人来帮忙写程序。他想功劳一手抓。

Dave:  You might be right. He does 3) think pretty highly of himself.

戴夫:         你或许没说错。他自视甚高。

Zina:  Did you hear the names he was calling me?

吉娜:         你听到他怎么骂我吗?

Dave:          I heard. But did you have to tear out his nose ring?

戴夫:         我听到了。但你有必要扯掉他的鼻环吗?

语言详解:

A: Can you explain your relationship to John?

   你能解释你跟约翰的关系吗?

B: No. It's too complicated.

   不能。 这太复杂了。

【could have tried 本可以试着】

“could+现在完成式”的句型用于说明先前的某一动作有改进的余地,有时表示含蓄的不满或指责。例如:

You could have finished it earlier.

你本该早一点把这事做完。

She could have done better.

她做得不够好。

A: I could have arrived much earlier. But I was caught in the traffic.

     我原可以早早就到了。但是我受阻于路上交通拥塞。

B: That I can understand. But you could have called us and let us know.

     这一点我可以了解。但是你本可以打个电话通知我们。

1)  be out of line  过分的

2)  glory (n.)  荣耀

3) think highly of...  对……评价很高。若后接反身代名词,则是指“自视甚高”。

职场社交英语Lesson44:他自视甚高》永久阅读地址: http://91kudian.com/yingyu/1582/