职场社交英语Lesson39:你这个疯婆娘!

2012-06-04 10:24:00 

职场社交英语 Lesson 39:你这个疯婆娘!

SCENE④ C  在吉娜的隔间 

【你这个疯婆娘!】

Elvin:  ZINA! You 1) fruitcake! Who do you think you are, promising we'd be ready next week!?

艾文:         吉娜!你这个疯婆娘!你自以为是谁啊,敢承诺别人我们下星期就会准备好?

Zina:  Cool it, Elvin. Don't call me names.

吉娜:         冷静点,艾文。别骂人嘛。

Elvin:           I'll call you whatever I feel like! You're an out-of-control, 2) arrogant, stupid sales horse!

艾文:         我爱怎么骂就怎么骂!你这个失去控制、自大又愚蠢的死业务员!

Zina:           3) Watch your mouth, Elvin, or I'll tear that ring right out of your nose!

吉娜:         嘴巴放干净一点,艾文,不然我就把你的鼻环给扯下来!

Elvin:           I'd like to see you try!

艾文:         我倒想看看你敢是不敢!

Zina:           Do you mean that?

吉娜:         你是说真的?

语言详解

A: Why won't Thomas ever say he's sorry?

   为什么汤玛斯从不说抱歉。

B: He's too arrogant to admit he's wrong.

   他自负得不敢承认错误。

【call me names 骂我】

call me names这里的me是受格,而且names是复数,意思是指“(有人)骂我”,可不是Somebody calls my name.“(有人)叫我名字”。

A: You are an idiot. You stupid, stupid fool.

     你是个白痴。你这个愚蠢到家的笨蛋。

B: Hey, stop calling me names. You're hurting my feelings.

     嘿,别骂我。你伤害到我的感情了。

A: Was there anything interesting at the meeting yesterday?

     昨天会议上有什么有趣的事吗?

B: Not much, except that they started to call each other's names at the end.

     没有什么,只是到末了他们开始互相辱骂起来。

1) fruitcake  (n.) (俚)疯子,古怪的人

2) arrogant  (a.) 骄傲的,自负的

3) Watch your mouth. 嘴巴放干净点。这句话用于对方出言不逊之时。
 

职场社交英语Lesson39:你这个疯婆娘!》永久阅读地址: http://91kudian.com/yingyu/1660/