职场社交英语Lesson8:我受不了电脑怪胎?

2012-06-06 10:39:58 

职场社交英语 Lesson 8:我受不了电脑怪胎?

SCENE③ B  吉娜一早进公司

【我受不了电脑怪胎】

Dave:  Whoa. Now I'm awake! Zina has a secret admirer.

戴夫:  哇。这会我可醒了!吉娜有暗恋者了。

Zina:           I really do not have time to deal with some 1) lovesick computer 2) geek.

吉娜:         我真的没时间去应付爱昏了头的电脑怪胎。

Dave:          I know what you mean. I can't stand computer geeks.

戴夫:         我知道你的意思。我也受不了电脑怪胎。

Zina:  Sorry, Dave, I didn't mean you. I am just not 3) in the mood for this. I have work to do.

吉娜:         抱歉,戴夫,我不是说你。我只是没心情搞这玩意儿。我还有工作要做。

Dave:  Who do you think it is?

戴夫:         你觉得是谁?

语言详解

A: Your friend seems to be in a better mood.

  你朋友的心情看起来好多了。

B: I gave her a pep talk.

  我给她来了段精神讲话。

【I can't stand... 我无法忍受……】

stand这个字大家一定都知道,但它除了“站”这个意思之外,最常用的就是指“忍受”,可以用在人身上:

A: Allison is my best friend.

    爱丽森是我最好的朋友。

B: I can't stand her. She is so fake!

    我受不了她。她好假喔!

  

也可以用在事物身上:

A: It must be 45 degrees in here.

    这里一定有四十五度。

B: I can't stand it anymore. It's too hot!

    我再也受不了了。有够热的!

用来表示动作也行:

A: Let's go have a beer at Tom's.

    我们去"汤姆的店"喝啤酒。

B: I can't stand to go there. It reminds me of my ex-girlfriend.

    我不能忍受去那里。那会让我想起我的前女友。

1) lovesick  (a.)  因爱而分神迷乱的

2) geek  (n.) 怪胎

3) be in the mood for有心情去...

职场社交英语Lesson8:我受不了电脑怪胎?》永久阅读地址: http://91kudian.com/yingyu/1771/