职场社交英语Lesson41:你不打算想想办法吗?
职场社交英语 Lesson 41:你不打算想想办法吗?
SCENE① B 艾文跌跌撞撞进了文斯的隔间
【你不打算想想办法吗?】
Elvin: Aren't you going to do anything? You've got to 1) get rid of her!
艾文: 你不打算想想办法吗?你得把她给除掉!
Vince: I'm afraid that isn't possible.
文斯: 这恐怕不可能。
Elvin: What are you talking about? Fire her! Tell her to hit the road!
艾文: 你在说什么?开除她!叫她走路!
Vince: I can't do that. Zina has 2) convinced our 3) investors that she knows what's best for InfoKing.
文斯: 我办不到。吉娜已经说服了我们的投资人说,她知道什么对“资讯王”最好。
Elvin: What? You mean to tell me that wacko is 4) in charge now? How?
艾文: 什么?你要告诉我现在是那个怪胎管事?怎么会?
语言详解:
A: Judd doesn't want to go swimming with us.
贾德不想跟我们去游泳。
B: I'll try to convince him.
我来试着说服他。
【hit the road 上路】
hit the road听起来简洁有力,意思就是“上路”,不论是离开一地,去下一个地方,或是出门旅行,你都可以用上hit the road这个表达法。
A: It's getting late; we need to get home and check on the children.
天色晚了;我们得要回家去看看孩子。
B: OK, let's hit the road.
好,我们上路吧。
A: Johnny just likes to drive his mom's car and hit the road around seven a.m.
强尼就是喜欢开着他母亲的车,在上午七点钟左右出门。
B: What's the big deal?
那有什么大不了?
A: Johnny is only six years old.
强尼只有六岁。
1) get rid of... 摆脱……
2) convince (v.) 说服,使相信
3) investor (n.) 投资者
4) be in charge 管事,作主
《职场社交英语Lesson41:你不打算想想办法吗?》永久阅读地址: http://91kudian.com/yingyu/1974/
已有0条评论,点击查看发表评论