职场社交英语Lesson40:你看她干的好事

2012-06-14 10:06:35 

职场社交英语 Lesson 40:你看她干的好事

SCENE① A  艾文跌跌撞撞进了文斯的隔间 

【你看她干的好事!】


Elvin:  Vince! Look at what she did to me!

艾文:         文斯!你看她干的好事!
 

Vince:         Be quiet, I'm on the phone with Vikam... [talks on the phone] Right, I understand how it is. OK, goodbye.

文斯:         安静点。我在跟“维康”通电话...... (对着电话说)对,我了解情况。好的,再见。


Elvin:  Look! She pulled out my nose ring! Owwww! It hurts!

艾文:         你看!她把我的鼻环扯了下来! 啊!痛死了!


Vince:  Elvin, you're 2) bleeding on my desk. So who pulled out your nose ring?

文斯:         艾文,你的血流到我桌上了。谁拔了你的鼻环啊?
 

Elvin: Zina! Zina did! She's a total 3) psycho!

艾文:         吉娜!是吉娜!她疯到家了!
 

Vince:         Ah, Zina. Zina has been very busy today.

文斯:         原来是吉娜。她今天还真是忙啊。


语言详解

A: Your lip is bleeding!

   你的嘴唇在流血。

B: It's so dry that it cracked open.

   我的嘴唇太干,都裂开了。

【It hurts! 痛死了!】

hurt原意是“使...受伤”或“使...疼痛”,延伸的意思是“使伤心”,例如:


He hurt his right foot when he fell.

他跌倒伤了右脚。

Frank's remarks hurt my feelings.

法兰克的一席话伤了我的心。
 

作“受伤”解的英文字除了hurt之外,还有injure,通常用于意外事件中的伤害,尤其指有骨折的现象。


A: You walk strangely. I hope you're not injured.

     你走路怪怪的。我希望你没有受伤。

B: No. These shoes are tight and hurt me.

     不是啦。是这双鞋子太紧我感到疼痛。
 

1) stumble (v.) 蹒跚、跌撞前行

2) bleed  (v.) 流血

3) psycho  (n.)神经病
 

职场社交英语Lesson40:你看她干的好事》永久阅读地址: http://91kudian.com/yingyu/2091/