职场社交英语Lesson30:你的便利贴是什么颜色?

2012-06-19 10:01:58 

职场社交英语 Lesson 30:你的便利贴是什么颜色?

SCENE① C  吉娜与玛莉同坐在飞往洛城的班机上 

【你的便利贴是什么颜色?】

Zina:  We're going to blow WebTracker out of the water. Trust me.

吉娜:         我们会让“网路搜寻家”出局的。相信我。

Mary:          I believe you, Zina.

玛莉:         我相信你,吉娜。

Zina:  Mary, can I ask you something? What color are your post-it notes?

吉娜:         玛莉,我能问你个问题吗?你的便利贴是什么颜色?

Mary:          My post-it notes? Pink, I think. Why?

玛莉:         我的便利贴?我想是粉红的吧,怎么?

Zina:  Are you sure they aren't green? It's OK if they are. Just be 1) honest.

吉娜:         你确定不是绿色?是也无妨。老实说就好。

Mary:          I'm pretty sure they're pink. Did I do something wrong?

玛莉:         我很确定是粉红色的。我做错了什么吗?

Zina:           No. Pink is OK. Stick with pink.

吉娜:         没有。粉红很好。不要换。

语言详解

A: Why is he so upset?

   他怎么那么难过?

B: I told him he's getting fat. I was just being honest.

   我跟他说他变胖了。我只是说实话而已。

【blow...out of the water 击溃……】

blow...out of the water是指“把……打得落花流水”,意即让对方溃不成军:

A: How was the basketball game last night?

     昨晚的篮球赛如何?

B: The Lakers blew the Pistons out of the water.

     湖人队把活塞队打得溃不成军。

【stick with... 坚持……】

stick with something 是指“坚持(某事)”,也就是不轻言放弃,不轻易更换:

A: What's the best way to learn English?

     学英文最好的方法是什么?

B: Stick with the basics until you know them really well.

     坚守住基本原理,直到你了然于心。

1) honest  (a.) 诚实的
 

职场社交英语Lesson30:你的便利贴是什么颜色?》永久阅读地址: http://91kudian.com/yingyu/2224/