职场社交英语Lesson64:我发财了

2012-06-23 06:48:05 

职场社交英语 Lesson 64:我发财了

SCENE② A  四个半月后  玛莉巧遇戴夫

【我发财了】
 

Mary:          Is that you, Dave? Oh, my gosh! The 1) backstabber who left us to work for the evil WebTracker!

玛莉:         是你吗,戴夫?天啊!背弃我们去帮万恶的“网路搜寻家”做事的阴险小人!


Dave:  Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hi, Mary. How are you?

戴夫:  对……嗨,玛莉。你好吗?


Mary:          I'm 2) filthy rich! Haven't you heard about the MicroPower 3) deal?

玛莉:         我发财了!你没听说过“微力”的案子吗?
 

Dave:  Yeah, I guess I did. They're going to buy InfoKing?

戴夫:  有,有听过吧。他们打算买下“资讯王”?


Mary:  That's right. For seventy-five million. So how are you?

玛莉:         没错。七千五百万的高。那你好吗?


Dave:          I'm getting by OK. I heard MicroPower was going to make Zina 4) president of their new InfoKing Internet 5) division.

戴夫:         还过得去。我听说“微力”将要让吉娜担任他们“资讯王”新网路分公司的总裁。

语言详解:

A: He's good at negotiating business deals.

   他很擅于协商生意条件。


B: Then talk him into working for us..

   那就说服他来帮我们做事。


【I'm getting by OK.我还过得去。】

get by 就是指“状况还过得去”,而在使用上,主要的状况有两种,一是指经济状况,get by用来表示钱虽然赚得不多,但是也够支付日常生活的开销了。


A: Are you able to get by on the salary you make?

     你赚的薪水够你开销吗?

B: I'm able to get by, but it could be better.

     我的生活还过得去,不过还可以更好。


get by也可以用来表示心理状态,形容心情持平,不能说心情不好,但也不是那种兴高采烈的情绪。


A: How are you doing?

     你还好吗?

B: I'm getting by OK. You know, things just keep getting better and better.

     还过得去。算是渐入佳境啦。


1) backstabber (n.)  暗箭伤人的人

2) filthy (adv.)  非常,相当

3) deal (n.)  交易;make a deal with...  是“与...交易”。

4) president (n.)  总裁,总统

5) division (n.)  分部
 

职场社交英语Lesson64:我发财了》永久阅读地址: http://91kudian.com/yingyu/2301/