职场社交英语Lesson25:这是难关,对吧

2012-06-24 09:18:32 

职场社交英语 Lesson 25:这是难关,对吧

SCENE⑤ A  会议结束后 

【这是难关,对吧?】

Dave:          It's 1) crunch time, isn't it? I wasn't 2) nervous before the meeting, but now I am.

戴夫:         这是难关,对吧? 我开会前还不紧张的,但现在我紧张了。

Elvin:           No kidding. Time is running out.

艾文:         一点不假。时间越来越紧迫了。

Dave:          It would help to bring in a couple more 3) troubleshooters.

戴夫:         若是再找几个难题顾问来解决问题,可能会有帮助。

Elvin:  Vince says he can't 4) afford anybody else. We're got to 5) come through.

艾文:         文斯说他请不起人了。我们得要自己撑过。

Dave:          Do you think we'll make it?

戴夫:         你觉得我们会成功吗?

Elvin:           I guess we'll either make it, or we won't.

艾文:         我猜我们要么就搞定,否则就完蛋了。

语言详解

A: Dad! I love that car.

   爸!我好爱那辆车。

B: Me too. But we can't afford it.

   我也是。不过我们买不起。

【Time is running out. 时间越来越紧迫了。】

run out 表示“耗尽、到期、届满”,而 run out of 是“将……用光、缺乏”,前者不能接名词,而后者一定接名词或动名词。

A: We'd better hurry. Time is running out.

     我们最好快一点。时间快到了。

B: But we have to find a gas station first. We are running out of gas.

     但是我们必须先找个加油站。汽油快用光了。

A: Why didn't we use the other car?

     为什么我们没有用另外那部车子呢?

1) crunch time (n.) (俚)关键时刻,危机困境。

2) nervous (a.) 感到紧张的

3) troubleshooter  (n.) 解决麻烦问题的能手。

4) afford (v.) 负担得起

5) come through 度过难关

职场社交英语Lesson25:这是难关,对吧》永久阅读地址: http://91kudian.com/yingyu/2325/