职场社交英语Lesson63:我的道行就是比较高

2012-06-25 10:59:34 

职场社交英语 Lesson 63:我的道行就是比较高

SCENE① C  吉娜与戴夫继续在停车场说话

【我的道行就是比较高】


Dave:  But how did you know I was working for WebTracker?

戴夫:         可是你怎知道我在替“网路搜寻家”工作?


Zina:  When I was in LA, I met the WebTracker 1) sales rep.

吉娜:         当我在洛城的时候,我跟“网路搜寻家”的业务代表碰过面。


Dave:          He couldn't have told you. Only a few people at WebTracker know about me.

戴夫:         他不可能会跟你说的。“网路搜寻家”只有少数人知道我。


Zina:  The sales rep had a green note pad just like yours. He said everybody at WebTracker used them.

吉娜:         那个业务代表用的绿色便利贴跟你的一样。他说“网路搜寻家”的人都用这种。


Dave:          I can't believe it. I can't believe I 2) fell into your trap.

戴夫:         不敢相信。我不相信自己掉进了你的陷阱。


Zina:  We both may be snakes, Dave, but I'm just better at it. Among the snakes, I'm the sneakiest.

吉娜:         我们俩或许都是诈包,戴夫,但我的道行就是比较高。在诈包当中,我可是诈包冠军。
 

语言详解:
 

A: I climbed through the window, so my parents wouldn't know that I left the house.

   我从窗子爬出去,这样我爸妈才不会知道我出去了。
 

B: Wow! You're really sneaky!

   哇!你真狡猾!


【better at it 道行比较高】


这个片语以用better 是因为有两者之间的比较,一般情况下只说 good at it“精于此道”。要注意介系词只能用at。


A: I know you are a pianist in your own right.

     我知道你天生就是一位钢琴家。

B: No. I know how to play the piano. But I'm not good at it. 

    不是的。我懂得弹钢琴,但我并不精于此。

A: You're too modest. You're better at it than many performers. 

   你太谦虚了。你比许多表演者道行还高强。


1) sales rep  业务代表;rep “代表”是representative 的略缩。

2) fall into one's trap  陷入某人的陷阱
 

nbsp;

职场社交英语Lesson63:我的道行就是比较高》永久阅读地址: http://91kudian.com/yingyu/2337/