职场社交英语Lesson49:我在考虑跳槽

2012-06-27 11:09:33 

职场社交英语 Lesson 49:我在考虑跳槽

SCENE① A  吉娜与戴夫在他们的办公室隔间说话 

【我在考虑跳槽】

Zina:  Dave, there's something I want to talk to you about.

吉娜:         戴夫,我要跟你谈一件事。

Dave:  Zina, why are you 1) whispering?

戴夫:         吉娜,你干嘛那么小声?

Zina:  I've been talking to WebTracker. I'm thinking of jumping ship.

吉娜:         我一直跟"网路搜寻家"有联络。我在考虑跳槽。

Dave:  What? Are you serious? You'd 2) defect to our 3) archrival!?

戴夫:         什么?你是认真的吗?你要向敌人投诚!?

Zina:  Keep your voice down. We'll talk more later. Right now I need to see Vince.

吉娜:         小声点。我们晚点再详谈。我现在得要去找文斯。

Dave:  We definitely have to talk, Zina. And watch your back. Elvin is still mad about his nose.

戴夫:         我们一定得聊聊,吉娜。多留点神。艾文还在气他鼻子的那档事。

Zina:          OK, but don't tell anyone what I said.

吉娜:  好,不过别把我说的话告诉别人。

语言详解:

A: (Loudly) Why are you whispering?

  (大喊)你干嘛那么小声啊?

B: We're in a library, you dork.

   我们在图书馆里,蠢蛋。

【Are you serious? 你是认真的吗?】

serious有两个主要意义,其一是“严肃的、认真的”,另一是“严重的、重大的”。与“人”连用时通常是第一种解释,与“疾病、局势、问题”连用则属第二种解释,例如:

We have to be serious about our future.

我们要认真的面对未来。

The situation is really serious.

局势真的很严重。

A: I heard John was hospitalized.

     我听说约翰住进医院。

B: Are you serious?

     你是说真的吗?

A: Yes. He suffered a serious injury in an accident.

     真的。他在意外事件中受到严重伤害。

1) whisper  (v.) 低语,呢喃

2) defect  (v.) 背弃(同盟,祖国)to的后面接名词,指所投向的新对象

3) archrival (n.) 死敌,最大的敌人 arch 这个字首 (prefix) 是指“首要的,主要的”
 

职场社交英语Lesson49:我在考虑跳槽》永久阅读地址: http://91kudian.com/yingyu/2390/